Thursday, December 10, 2020

The Narrow Road

(10/21)

One of my missions at Christ University was to create a partnership with Korean universities. I sent an email requesting for partnership to over 130 universities. I received no replies, not even one. The next year I went to Korea. Instead of visiting my parents, I visited as many universities as I could. Most of them were interested to collaborate only with American or European universities. Then I told them about a story of “one of many and one of few”. Every year more than 1000 Korean PhDs are produced in the USA. Immediately they are pushed into a red ocean. In India, however, it is the opposite. In fact, less than ten Korean PhDs in India have been bridging between India and Korea for the last three decades. This is the Law of Scarcity. This story has convinced more than twenty Korean universities, companies and government agencies to collaborate with my University. They understood the importance of early collaboration with India and Indian universities.  

People want to travel by the broad road. However, it is the narrow road that leads us to the blue ocean. As Robert Frost said, when you see two roads diverged, take one less travelled by. This will make all the difference. God be with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...