Saturday, December 5, 2020

Mom, It's Your Son

(5/21)

My diarrhoea continued, but doctors could not heal me. After one year, everyone advised me to go back to Korea. So I left for Korea for medical treatment. My mother came to receive me at the Kimpo International Airport. I went and stood before her. To my surprise, she couldn’t recognise her son. I went a step closer and looked into her eyes. “Sir,” she asked me, “why are you staring at me?” “Mom,” I replied, “it’s your son.” She couldn’t believe her eyes. She didn’t know why her son had come back looking half dead. She didn’t say a word but shed endless tears. Korean doctors confirmed that my digestion system was damaged beyond recovery. And yet, I came back to India: Not to recover my health, but to recover my vision. 

We will soon complete one year of COVID-19 pandemic. It has affected every part of our life. Some have lost their health or careers or even loved ones. I’m not a stranger to such loss. We are doing our best to recover as much as possible. Even then, some things may not fully recover. However, our tomorrow is not built on an undamaged life. Rather, it is built on an uncompromised vision. God be with you!



3 comments:

  1. I feel so sorry to hear about the event of the Kimpo International Airport. Thank you for sharing this encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! the airport story is sad. However i am moved by your conviction in the lord,"our tomorrow is not built on undamaged life, rather it is built on uncrompromised vision" you are indeed a living testimony. In other words this means we live for the vision?

    ReplyDelete

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...