Friday, December 4, 2020

Me Tumse Pyar Karta Hoon

(4/21)

The very first words I learnt in Hindi were greetings. My classmates told me that Hindi was a gender-sensitive language. Accordingly, I should say 'Namaste' to males and 'Mein tumse pyaar karta hoon' to females. Since then I started greeting ladies this way with all my respect. To my surprise, they did not greet back but laughed hard. It was not long before I understood why. The greeting actually meant, “I love you!” I was lucky to not be slapped. They understood the respect and humour behind my innocent greeting.

Recently, I was surprised to be warmly greeted by a stranger. I had contacted him for technical support. We were strangers to each other. He began the conversation with, “I hope you are staying safe and healthy!” I believe I’m not alone in receiving such concern-filled greetings. Many routines in our lives have come to a close. But a greeting from the heart opens a new beginning. With opened hearts, we are no longer strangers to each other. And together we can cross over these strange and crazy times. God be with you!



2 comments:

  1. True, i remember a time when i was depressed and in the morning a stranger greeted me, it changed my day i became alive again. God indeed uses anyone to become a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...