Thursday, December 3, 2020

A Water Bucket

(3/21)

India's weather is hot, and even hotter is her spicy food. My mouth fell in love with her cuisines at first bite. But the more I loved them, the more my stomach burned. I lost 10 kilos of weight in a month thanks to terrible diarrhoea. At Narmada hostel, J.N.U., I always carried a water bucket. The worst time of the day was just before the first class. The 12 washrooms for 200 students were always packed. What was worse, every washroom had students queuing with water buckets. Chronic diarrhoea has become my new normal. No doctors could bring back my old days. However, in God, I was always refreshed to create my new days.

These days wearing a mask has become the new normal. Standing in a long queue is common. Vaccines may not bring back all our old days. However, in God, we can always create our new days.




3 comments:

  1. We could be fighting the same battle every day. The same struggles, repeated each time. However, when we look at things from God's eyes, he gives us a fresh perspective every day. Our days are made new, when we renew our relationship with God - more strongly and more passionately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, this a beautiful life experience. May God's mercy continue to sustain us.

    ReplyDelete

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...