Sunday, December 6, 2020

Would You Still Marry Her?

(6/21)

After two years in India, I got a call from my church pastor. He wanted to introduce me to a lady who would be my better half. As I held him in high respect, I was very excited. But he said to me, “Unfortunately she is short and has a dark complexion. She doesn’t talk or smile. Moreover, she doesn’t have faith in God. Would you still marry her?” I knew he was testing me. So, I replied, “Yes, I will.” After the call, I said to myself, “There are many beauties with short height and a dark complexion. A speechless and smileless person can be very thoughtful. Moreover, faith can grow.” However, like the tail fin of an airplane, I was shaking with worry throughout my flight to Korea. I prayed and prayed that I might not change my mind. I wanted to marry not by sight but by faith. 

Then at the Kimpo International Airport, the lady came to receive me. WOW! She was an angel! She was the opposite of what the pastor had told me. We only went for one date and decided to be one before God. In fact, our real dates started after the marriage. We are enjoying our sweet dates every day for the last 25 years. India has become our honeymoon site for a lifetime! We are happy to have Indian students as our children. Sometimes a great blessing comes with a hard question. But when answered correctly, it changes one’s life forever. 

During this pandemic, we have faced many hard realities. We may not have answers to all of them. However, in God, we may be able to answer at least one of them. Who knows that a great blessing is just behind the hard reality? It may change your life forever. God be with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...