Monday, December 7, 2020

Chapati

(7/21)

In 1996, Jane and I were blessed with our beautiful daughter, Yeeun. However, my bank account was not blessed. In 1997, South Korea was hard hit by a national economic crisis. My parents could no longer financially support us. I couldn’t pay the tuition fee for my M.Phil study. I could barely pay the house rent despite having many part-time jobs. There was not even one rupee at home. Electricity was cut off and the water supply stopped. I couldn’t buy milk for my one-year-old daughter. She kept licking bread pictures, out of hunger. And I felt we were just one step away from heaven. But the next day, chapati was kept in front of my house door. It was kept there day after day. I came to know that it was done by my best friend in J.N.U.. He was poorer than I was. Despite that, he shared with me whatever he had. This made me decide to dedicate my whole life for the youth of India. I am what I am today because of his love and care. Later, he went on to become a Professor of Sociology at Delhi University. 

We all are going through unprecedented hard times. What we have may not be sufficient for ourselves. But no matter how small it may be, sharing can save a life. And the saved life can save many more lives. Even one kind word at a hard time works a miracle. God be with you!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sharing of a very beautifully-written piece of treasure from your life! I see God's grace transforming you and everything around you!

    ReplyDelete

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...