Saturday, December 19, 2020

Gear Wheels

(19/21)

Research had never been my cup of tea. But this year, I had to force myself to dive into it. I first grafted myself on to international research teams. The teams consisted of Fulbright scholars from the USA and Christ University faculty. As my research capability was close to zero, all I could do was arrange weekly meetings. Every meeting was a 'learning feast' for me. Each of the research team members had different skills and capabilities. Yet, we understood our individual roles for the research projects. They also helped me identify some of my special skills that I could contribute. We worked seamlessly and moved forward. We became like gears working together completely in sync. Then, the impossible became possible. 

This year I’ve gone through a full research cycle starting from developing research questions to research publication. Now I have eight research teams. The latest one is ‘YouSearch’ team. Unlike other teams, I’m the only faculty in it. The team consists of students from undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and graduated students of this year. This happens to be my first academia-industry joint research team. One of them presented her paper in a global research conference and was well appreciated. Another is preparing for a PhD programme abroad. I still need to learn a lot. I will continue to learn from the expert researchers and be a bridge for the young researchers. Alone I will drown, but together we can sail into the wind. God be with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...