Friday, December 18, 2020

Sharing Leadership

(18/21)

After joining the University, I participated in a faculty sports competition. A total of thirteen games were played. I got gold medals for all individual games and gold or silver medals for all group games. I have also been a tennis coach at the University for the last eight years. I never thought I would have any physical challenges except chronic diarrhoea. However, recently frozen shoulder, skin troubles and vertigo have been added to my list of chronic health issues. Doctors are either unable to heal me or are out of town. Month after month, the workload from research, Innovation Centre and YouGate keeps increasing. I need to sit and work longer hours than before. But all these problems don’t allow me to work for long hours. At the same time, they don’t allow me to sleep for more than two straight hours. There are many things I must do. But it is not easy. While writing this article, my head is spinning and I feel nauseated. 

Can I still sail into this adverse wind? I have pondered upon it again and again. It is time to convert this challenge into an opportunity. I have been trying my best to do things as much as I could and give less burden to my team members. But from now on I will frankly share my weaknesses with them. A leader doesn’t need to be perfect. At the same time, I will share more roles and responsibilities with them. I’m sure this will make us a better team and each of us, a better leader. The harsher the wind, the stronger we can sail into it! God be with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...