Sunday, December 20, 2020

A Love Letter

(20/21)

The Bible has been at each step of my journey in India. This makes the 27 years of my life in India a journey with God. This journey has been marked with many highs and lows. On the highs, the Bible helped me watch my footsteps. On the lows, the Bible helped me stand on my feet. But there were times I could neither watch my footsteps nor stand on my feet. On one of those days, I read Psalm 107:1 which says, “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” But I said to myself, “No, the Lord is not good. He doesn’t care for me anymore.” Since then I neither talked to God nor walked with God. I felt making the journey all alone. I could see only one set of footprints in my journey. I thought those were mine. However, they were God’s footprints carrying me all along. He then spoke to me through Zephaniah 3:17, “The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” Despite my arrogance and unfaithfulness, God was not angry with me. Instead, he rejoiced over me with singing. Then I replied to his love through Psalm 73:25, “Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.” 

According to factretriever.com, the Bible is the best-selling book in history, with total sales exceeding 5 billion copies. Over 100 million copies of the Bible are sold each year. The Bible has been fully translated into 532 languages and partially into 2,883 languages. Yet, despite all these facts, the Bible has been God's secret love letter to me. With his love in the Book, I can sail into any kind of wind in life. God be with you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

(21/21) I had enrolled for the Research Publication course 75 days ago. In the first week of December, a new assignment was given. There wer...